Leigh’s accident update.

micky d

Hi all 

just to let those know that don’t know Leigh Fitchett was involved in a hit and run car accident today on his way to Evesham. He sustained a dislocated & fractured  shoulder he also sustained significant lacerations to his leg. He’s comfortable and stable now and waiting to be operated on some time tomorrow. I’ll update progress as and when I get to know. Regards

Mick Dalton.  

Leigh underwent surgery yesterday regarding his leg injury pending further surgery in the next 48hrs.

I’ve spoke with him this evening but he was only able to answer/hold his mobile with the assistance of his redoubtable pal Mr Mike DALTON who was visiting!

He’s in the QE with no expected release date!

Bear in mind in that he was/is Lynda’s carer prior to this most recent incident!

Andy WRIGHTSON also in QE awaiting surgery for a femur fracture as a result of another motor vehicle v cyclist incident!

Went to see Leigh yesterday,

Still waiting for his second operation( nil by mouth for 3 days) not much fun.

He was vey lucid ,reading his kindle,using his phone.having a moan.

He is very concerned about his wife’s welfare.

Otherwise,just like Leigh.

Saw Andy as well,he can move about on crutches,

his leg is in plaster seemed quite cheerful.

Hi All. 
just to let everyone know Leigh went for spinal surgery late this afternoon when we got there tonight for visiting he came out of theatre and went straight into re-suss so we couldn’t see him. He will be taken to another ward so we were told.
Anyway just had a call as we speak to say he was comfortable. 
mill know more in the morning. 
he doesn’t have much luck as I took him a large slice of coffee & Walnut cake tonight but I’ve had to bring it home. 🤣😂😋

• 2 weeks later...

Just by way of an update & contrary to any earlier belief that he may have been going to the Princess of Wales Hospital in Bromsgrove he was moved to Worcester Royal for no other reason than bed-blocking @ the QE, which is apparently an Acute Care facility as its primary role!

He is to say the least thoroughly Pee’d Off with no apparent end in sight for his frustrating situation & extremely concerned for Lynda’s care!

I’m sure 👍 that any contact would be much appreciated. 

Tim is similarly frustrated by the prospect of a further two weeks in Walsgrave Hospital due to the continued risk of a further brain-bleed, which is believed to have been the result of an initial head impact!🙏

Leigh has now been home since Tuesday but clearly far from well despite a month’s hospitalisation.

Home-care/support seemingly NOT as yet sorted albeit he’s hoping to accompany/assist Lynda on a food shopping 🛍️ outing tomorrow.

Any help or contact would be much appreciated for sure 👍